Pages

Tuesday 11 November 2014

So my first blog…here goes!

I’m Jenna, I study BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Psychology and I finally made it to my last year! So now the stress begins all over again with Teacher Training applications and filling out the dreaded UCAS form. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be but I am struggling with what to say in my personal statement. See, I know what I should put, but I don’t know how to make myself stand out. I’ll keep you posted with how that goes anyway :)

So…I really want to teach at Secondary level. When I was at college, I had no idea what I wanted to do but then an amazing lecturer (Auntie Linny) helped show me the way. After that, while I love Criminology, I wanted to promote education in the way she did. Later, I might help people on the shrink couch but until then, teaching is definitely for me!

On another completely unrelated note: I am a cat person. I’m not a crazy cat lady by any means but I love animals, especially cats. I have a little male hairless sphynx kitten that is absolutely mental and takes a lot of my time- he’s a huge attention seeker. Even though I like exotic house cats, I’ve been looking into going back abroad to do Big Cat Conservation in Costa Rica. Last summer I went to Morocco to work in orphanages and with “street kids”. It was an incredible experience and something I would always recommend but I think this time I might work with animals. They say “never work with animals or children”, well I’d quite like to prove a point and work with both :)


So until next time when I’ll hopefully have some news about my application, here is a picture of a cat:


No comments:

Post a Comment